Monday, November 16, 2009

Holiday Craftiness

With Halloween over, Thanksgiving bearing down, and a weekend of watching tech rehearsal for A Christmas Carol, I finally got inspired to get our Christmas Cards going.

Being the cheap frugal and creative person that I am, I decided to make cards again this year. I started out with the same stack of holiday scrapbook paper and plain white envelopes as last year (with a box of 250 it will take a while for us to run out). Once again I made cards by spray adhering the holiday paper to some cardstock remnants found in the recycling bin of the printing company located in our props storage warehouse (free and up-cycled! beat that!). However, this year I improved on the design by making coordinating envelope liners and mailing labels. A sign of my incredible creativity or a huge, pathetic red flag that I need to make some friends here in Indy? I'll let you decide.



Now I just have to write in and address them all ... and manage to get them to the post office. Eeeep.

No comments: