Monday, July 21, 2008

Warning! Wedding planning may be hazardous to your health!

So, I know this will shock you all but it turns out that moving across the country, starting a new job, and planning a wedding at the exact same time might be just a WEE bit stressful. :)

It's nice to have positive stressors for once (instead of negative ones like my company going bankrupt and unemployment ...) but these are still major life events. Time to take a breath, have a little patience with myself, and consider taking things one a time ... I mean, really, the world will not end if I don't pick my dress and bridesmaid dresses, find ceremony and reception venues, choose the entire menu and finalize the guest list this week! (In fact, it would be a really bad idea if I tried to do all those things this week.)

I hope the note of humor I've attempted to inject here is reading through. :)

Progress is being made: we have started examining our budget and talking about venues. A few email inquires have been made, we visited one place (informally, we just went for drinks and appetizers on our own to determine whether we should investigate further) and our goal is to have a venue and date by the end of August.

No comments: