Sunday, February 8, 2009

Just a little taste

Yesterday FH and I went to a tasting at the caterer's ... an "Open Kitchen" if you like. There we sampled a wide variety of items offered by MBP, including several items on our current proposed menu. I am so excited to say that everything was absolutely delicious. Everything was so fresh and high quality. The sliced beef was great and the mashtini bar is sure to be a hit! (Unfortunatly the photo I took of FH eating the aforementioned mashtini didn't save to my phone so you will have to use your imagination.) I think we left feeling reassured that we'd made a good choice of caterer. Also, we won a door prize of chocolate covered strawberries to be served with our wedding cake. Mmmm, chocolate covered strawberries.

Speaking of cake, we had another tasting last weekend at Rene's Bakery in the Broad Ripple neighborhood of Indy. We sampled three different kinds of cake: vanilla, chocolate, and lemon. I am not usually a lemon person but this cake was to die for. They use real lemon instead of artificial flavoring and it make all the difference in the world. I'm not sure that we're going to use Rene's for the wedding cake but I certainly look forward to eating more of their delicious baked goods in the future. (They make these incredible ginger molasass cookies, the thought of which makes me drool!)

No comments: