Friday, February 13, 2009

T-minus 4 months

Wow. 4 months to go. Seems like no time at all, really. For the first time I'm starting to look forward to the wedding being over. Still looking forward to the day itself, but it's amazing how wedding stuff fills up all the little corners in one's mind and of one's time.

I had the funniest wedding dream the other night: it was the wedding day, I was walking in to the venue with my mom (though it wasn't our real venue, just some place I thought was the venue in my dream), it was almost time to walk down the aisle, and I thought, oh wait, I'm going to run to the restroom real quick before it starts. So, I walk in to the restroom, silently patting myself on the back for choosing a dress I can hold up to pee in by myself (that detail is true to life!! very important to me), and stop to look in the mirror, where I see that my hairdo is falling down all over the place. I lean in for a closer look but, lo and behold, someone has left a lidless cup of Coca-cola on the counter. In a public restroom. Indeed. I don't see it in time and it spills all over the front of my dress. All these women who I don't even know are flocking around me and freaking out but I'm totally calm, saying "oh, just blot it with some toilet paper" because I don't want to seem like a Bridezilla. I ask one of them for some lipstick, because, in addition to my hair being a mess I have apparently forgotten to put on any make-up at all. A kind soul hands me her make-up bag and I proceed to do the worst job ever of applying eyeliner so I end up looking like I have a black eye. I persuade 2 other women to try to fix my hair and they bobbypin it into some sort of semblance of style. Then I rush out of the bathroom to make my entrance, only to discover we never made a music playlist so I make my entrace to a completely random song.

The amazing thing: the whole time these "crises" are happening my single concern, the absolute one and only thing I am upset about, is that, because I am running so late, FH thinks I'm having second thoughts. I am disraught at the idea of him being sad or anxious and just want to get to him so we can start our life together.

This is the most reassuring nightmare I've ever had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ATTA GIRL!