Monday, August 31, 2009

Life is like a bunch of flowers ...

Tonight was my first floral design class and it was lots of fun. We made a basic round centerpiece. I learned not to be the last person in line to get my flowers 'cause you end up with the stems that have lots of un-opened buds and the broken ones! :) However, I think mine still turned out just fine. And hey, when the buds open in 3 days it'll be like a whole new arrangement, right?



I have to say, getting out of the house and taking this class, I felt more like myself than I have in a long time. It was nice to be around new people, and I get completely lost in arranging flowers. So zen. Driving home (with my arrangement in tow), accelerating down the highway with the setting sun in the rear view mirror, blasting Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run" on the stereo, I could at least recall the memory of a time when I knew everything would turn out alright. And that's not darn bad for today.

No comments: