Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Vacation Dreamin!

With all this excitement and planning the only thing I'm looking forward to as much as the wedding is the honeymoon (not more than the wedding, but close to equal!) Barring any dramatic events we have decided on Door County, Wisconsin as our destination.

In considering where we might like to go for our trip we came up with some excellent criteria:

-warm during the day but cool at night
(so, the Caribbean was out)
-slow-paced
(ie. NOT a major urban center)
-accessibility to light outdoor activities, such as hiking and
kayaking on a lake
-good food
-good wine
-somewhere to get a massage
-less than an 8 hour drive from Indy

Door County seems to fit the bill wonderfully!

1 comment:

The Stillmans said...

I love your blog! I am not a stalker, I actually live in Door County and I am helping my sister plan a wedding for this fall so your blog came up in my google alerts.

Let me know if you need any help finding things to do in Door County - I manage several hotels - www.foremostresorts.com and can help with restayrants and activities too!

good luck with your planning
Denise