Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I got a dress!

So, after much searching, I chose my dress last night. Woo hoo! I'm not going to post a photo here and ruin the surprise or anything but I am very happy with my choice. It is definitely not what I expected to choose, I really only tried it on on a lark thinking it would sort of cleanse my dress-viewing palette. Before I knew it I'd been wearing it for 30 minutes and was prancing around the dress shop looking for accessories to try on with it. I highly recommend the "prance test" when choosing a wedding dress (highly superior to the "mom crying" test) ... though I suppose this only works for one who doesn't often prance to begin with ...

We went home for a visit with my mom this past weekend and did some shopping there. My sister, Michelle, (our lovely and talented Maid of Honor) was also along and tried on many bridesmaid dresses. She was quite the good sport as I piled more and more dresses over her arm to check out "just for fun!!" Then last night Michelle and mom came over to Indy for another round of shopping, culminating in the purchase of my dress! In any case, it was a fun and productive weeekend.

No comments: