Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cover me in jewels!

Since my computer was broken last weekend I had to do something to fill my time so I started working on my latest DIY: jewelry!

Now, I won't show you everything (because some of it might just be gifts) but I will show you the necklace and earrings I made for myself.


Now, once again, my amateur close-up photography skills leave much to be desired but I'm pretty darn happy with the jewelry. It looks a little pink here but they are actually a combination of ivory freshwater pearls and light gold swarovski crystals on sterling silver findings (the metal parts of jewelry). I had planned to look for a vintage brooch for my wedding dress sash (I know, I'm mean and haven't shown you the dress here) but now I think I'll make something to match the earrings and necklace.

For those other DIYers out there, JoAnn happens to have their sterling silver and gold plate findings for 50% off and their swarovski crystals for 40% off right now. Top that off with my 10% off your total purchase coupon and I got quite a deal!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so incredibily talented!!! I could never do half the things you are by means of talent or patience.
Love ya!
Tiffany